Chambery - les "Elefants sans culs"


This fountain, with the front end of four elephants sticking out, was built in 1838 to commemorate General Comte de Bolgne who spent much of his career in India, and gave much of his wealth to the town.

 
 
JPEG image - Chambery - les

 
 
Clicking here moves to the previous image if there is one Index Page Clicking here moves to the next image

This set of images © David H Wild 2004


Help
Clicking here moves to the previous image if there is one Index Page Clicking here moves to the next image